- Do you love selling world-class, cutting-edge software services and solutions?
- Do you believe that humans should be their most focused, efficient, intentional selves?
- Do you believe technology should always help human beings do just that?
- Do you have experience with enterprise professional services sales?
- Do you feel comfortable talking to clients about a range of approaches and tech stacks?
- Do you have experience selling or an interest in web3 technologies?
We think building software to increase human agency is good. We also think it’s good business.
Agency Enterprise is a software development, data science, and design studio based in Los Angeles. We’ve bootstrapped our way to 100+ without VC, PE, or outside shareholders. It’s a simple business model - our amazing people do amazing work, we turn a profit, and we hire more amazing people. Ok, there’s some nuance, we have a skunkworks division and launch vertical SaaS companies like Instill Video and do NFT drops, all while keeping a laser focus on our enterprise sales targets for our core consulting business, but if you aspire to drive value across a range of initiatives, then we should chat.
We take the long view and develop technology to increase human agency for our clients, our employees, and humanity. We incubate agency-increase technology startups, building MVPs and founders. We are currently winning international competitions in neuroscience machine learning and researching the cutting edge of brain-computer interface (BCI) technology.
We’ve built incredible startups, their MVPs, worked with large enterprises like Walmart, Samsung, and Berkshire Hathaway, and everything in-between.
- Develop SQL’s via phone and email communication and help identify our ICP (and other important acronyms along the way).
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook and enrich workflows.
- Maintain new and existing client relationships by being customer-centric and attentive.
- Collaborate and align with revenue team to continually refine strategic approach (bonus points if you can do this while singing “it’s getting better all the time”).
- Build and sustain relationships with the different personas across our buying group via phone, email, and Linkedin.
- Actively partner with cross-functional teams across Revenue, Marketing, and Leadership to help optimize GTM strategy.
- Share AE’s unique origin story and its mission to increase human agency (it’s a phenomenal tale, whether told in prose or rhyme).
- Deeply understand client needs for development, data science, and design solutions (also deeply understand their preferences in song and movie references is helpful, or so I have found).
- Work with and learn from 10x devs, designers, and data scientists. (We have smart people working here…like, really smart…like frighteningly so at times).
- Over-communicate with potential clients (and everyone else, kinda a core value).
- Maintain a product-focused mentality (also a core value).
- At least 1-2+ years of B2B sales experience, preferably with software / SaaS solutions / Consulting / Web3 / other-cool-world-changing-stuff.
- Collaborative team player who is open to feedback and coaching.
- Track record of building pipelines and exceeding sales targets.
- Self-starter with demonstrated resilience and growth mindset.
- Comfortable with change in a hyper-growth environment (we’ve doubled in size each of the past two years!).
- Flexible, with an ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- You are hungry to learn about new ideas every day (including ones that seem like science fiction, then become real in days).
- You truly enjoy your work and get stuff done.
- You write phenomenal emails and LinkedIn messages (especially ones that embed satirical commentary and humor).
- You are extremely organized and know how to use a CRM and other Sales Prospecting Tools effectively (we might just write some of our own…).
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Anything you can bring that will add a lot of value to us and/or our clients, from web3 experience to enterprise services consulting.
Other cool stuff about us
- Work out of our office on Abbot Kinney in Venice, CA / US Remote (Hybrid).
- Diversified, multi-company equity.
- Platinum health insurance.
- A fast-growing team with a happy bunch of former entrepreneurs, data scientists, full stack developers, UX/UI designers and product managers.
- Advance in your career or flex your entrepreneurial side by participating in our internal skunkworks projects (some projects spin out with team members as the C-suite)
- Offices right on Abbot Kinney, in the heart of Venice, CA. (Salt & Straw is steps from our office, and we get discounts in some Abbot Kinney stores.)
- Weekly lunches with the US team. Monthly happy hours with friends and families. Occasional VR and game nights, if you are into that.
- Yearly retreat bringing together the whole team (with tropical fun and hackathons).
Working at AE means receiving equity in some of our client projects and in the Skunkworks projects we incubate. The equity granted is priced at a value of $0 when you receive it. If it were otherwise, you’d be forced to pay taxes. But to be clear, there are no free lunches, only the choice of who pays for your sandwich.
At AE, the equity you receive is not free to AE. We invest millions annually in Skunkworks projects - paying our employees to build technology for which no client pays a bill. We receive equity from certain clients, which means we accept less in terms of our billable rate. We then pass that equity on to our employees. Sure it’s priced at $0 on day 1 - a call option on a stock trading at $100 with a strike price of $100 is priced at $0 today for tax purposes, but you’d want to receive that option. If you received that option on a dozen stocks, you’d be fairly confident that some of them would be worth a lot more than $0.
Offering this equity (by investing in Skunkworks or offering clients a lower rate) comes out of AE’s margins. Theoretically, we should be lowering salaries to compensate. But we’re competitive on that front as well. Over the long-term, we believe AE employees who stick around are likely to fare extremely well monetarily (no legal promises). We think long-term. You should too when you choose your employer.
We are looking to hire people who think long term. People create exponentially more value here in their 3rd or 4th year rather than their 1st or 2nd, and that only increases. The value you create leads to more equity issued every year, and you retain it while you remain at AE or at a Skunkworks co that spins out, in order to free up equity for others, which is how we afford to be generous with the equity.
* Disclaimer: If you leave AE on good terms, you can retain 20% of your equity if you continue to send leads our way, share our core values, etc. If you leave AE for your own AE-incubated Skunkworks project (or someone else’s), you retain 100% of your equity. Folks create exponentially more value here in their 3rd and 4th years than their 1st or 2nd - we want folks who think long-term like we do.