AE Studio is a mid-sized, bootstrapped startup from California and we are looking for developers/designers to work from our office in Venice, CA or remotely. Our team of developers, designers, data scientists, and other professionals of unusual wit and charm are building products to increase human agency daily (and for those on other continents, nightly). We deploy the most recent technologies on behalf of startups, enterprise clients like Samsung and Berkshire Hathaway, and everyone in between. Our processes are highly productive and our work environment is highly awesome.
Do you have strong problem-solving skills? How about self-management skills? Have you penned a Gilbert and Sullivan parody? If you can say yes to two of those three questions, we want to talk to you.
Additionally, we welcome entrepreneurial folks excited to contribute ideas and effort to our thriving skunkworks projects while polishing their client-facing social skillz.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You'll be joining our fast-growing consulting firm (like, would get our drivers licenses suspended on the spot fast). You will be responsible for leading software projects, mentoring other team members, tackling product problems, setting technology strategy for our clients, and cracking-wise as needed. You will work closely with other tech leads, full-stack developers and product designers as well as interact directly with clients, in an Agile environment (stretch before work whenever possible).
- Flow / Ethereum / Polygon (or other)
- Solidity (Smart Contracts)
- Infura / Alchemy
- You love Blockchain.
- You find joy in hands-on, codebase work, but also excel at managing, mentoring, and ensuring projects stay on track.
- You are passionate about clean code, testing, and the fine art of getting [stuff] done.
- You have Agile experience in Extreme Programming, Scrum, or Kanban and you are willing to learn our team's systems and processes.
- You have a growth mindset http://www.aaronsw.com/weblog/ (the quality of your jokes and references should improve within the first quarter)
- Your English speaking and writing skills will warm hearts, dazzle minds, and render corporate professionals awestruck.
BONUS POINTS FOR
- We require() deep Node.js experience.
- Experience managing clients and client relationships is a huge plus
- Swift and/or Java or Kotlin and/or cross platform mobile development (React Native, Flutter, Ionic)
- Experience with Go, Solidity, and/or Rails
- Project management experience
- A fast-growing team, with a happy bunch of former entrepreneurs, data scientists, full-stack developers, UX/UI designers and product managers. (We’re a ball of laughs, we promise)
- A good base salary and bonuses for outstanding performance
- Platinum health insurance.
- Opportunity to grow and advance in your career or flex your entrepreneurial side by participating in our internal skunkworks projects (some projects spin out with team members as the C-suite)
- We provide resources for you to grow and learn on the job (this includes Udemy classes, books, participation in events, mentoring and - of course - the latest generation hardware).
- Offices right on Abbot Kinney, in the heart of Venice, CA. Salt & Straw is steps from our office and we get discounts in some Abbot Kinney stores (and other cool LA foods and beverages appear periodically).
- Weekly lunches with the US team. Monthly happy hours with friends and families. Occasional VR and game nights, if you are into that (and it’s cool if you aren’t!).
- Yearly retreat bringing together our US & Brazil teams.